The Little Cake Box is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Little Cake Box may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 19th August 2019 pursuant to The General Data Protection Regulation.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Event information including date and location
- Bank details if you choose to hire a cake stand.
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To respond to your enquiry and fulfil your enquiry or order.
- To contact you in connection with or to ask you for your feedback on the service we have provided to you.
- To return your cake stand security deposit.
We will not provide your personal information to any other party unless you specifically instruct us to do so, or we are required by law to do so.
We do not send marketing emails.
We do not use postal marketing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How We Store Your Personal Information
We store your personal information in password-protected electronic format and/or in printed format within secure storage on our premises, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices and Wedding Cake Agreements (which include your name, contact and event information) are stored in electronic and printed format.
- Ingredients, Allergens & Non-edible Items documents (which include your name and event information) are stored in electronic and printed format. This document is provided to your venue on your event date in order to comply with Food Standards Agency regulations.
- Email communications and bank details are stored electronically.
How Long We Store Your Information For
In order to fulfil our service to you, in the event of matters arising out of the service we provide and to comply with certain regulations we store your personal information for various periods of time, in particular:
- Quotations/Invoices are stored for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- Wedding Cake Agreements/Ingredients, Allergens & Non-edible Items documents/email communications are stored for 28 days from fulfilment of your order/enquiry.
- Bank details are stored electronically for approximately 5 weeks, ie from the date you provide this information until the date the security deposit is credited back to you, and on our online banking interface for 48 hours.
You have the right to ask to see all the data we keep on you by emailing Greta@littlecakebox.co.uk. We will provide this information as soon as possible and aim to do so within 21 days.
You have the right to request that all your data be deleted though, as aforementioned, we do need to store quotations and invoices for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year.